Since laptops are used daily by most of us, there are chances that you end up damaging your laptop. In case, you’ve dropped your laptop or spilled something on your laptop that has damaged or fractured your laptop screen, you actually detect the problem by connecting an external monitor to your laptop through VGA-out port to check if the other components of the laptop are still working. There could be multiple reasons why your LCD Screens stops working. Probably it could not the physical damage but some underlying cause like the problem with inverter or laptop’s motherboard or video circuitry etc.
today you can actually replace your laptop LCD screen yourself without having to go a service center and save some extra bucks. If you search online, you will come across many vendors who provide Dell Inspiron parts or other LCD screen models at low-priced rates. You can purchase LCD screens for your laptops from eBay or Amazon etc or you can also search on search engines like Google, Yahoo etc that provide various options.
Before purchasing a new LCD Screen for your laptop you can potentially remove the current screen and examine all the other interior possible causes that might be hindering the display of the screen. You can use screwdrivers or knifes carefully to remove the screen. Make sure you have removed the battery of the laptop and there is no power supply. Safely locate the screw covers and screws situated in the surrounding frame of the laptop and remove them carefully with a screwdrivers or a knife. Now remove the surrounding frame carefully and you will notice the LCD in its metal frame. Now since the LCD screen is open, you can make a note of the manufacturer’s part number displayed on a mark at the back. At times manufacturer’s also use different screens for variants of same laptop models. Having this manufacturer’s part number will ensure that you purchase the right replacement screen for your laptop.
You can enter this manufacturer’s part number in search engines and you will get multiple options to choose from. Variety of online resellers and vendors provide new LCD screens for replacement. You can replace the LCD screen yourself by following these few steps.
1. Disconnect all the cables associated to your laptop
2. Remove the video cable that is attached to the back of the screen and is usually a long cable.
3. Once the video cable is removed, unplug the connectors from the back of the LCD.
4. Ensure that the power cable between the LCD and inverter is disconnected.
5. As soon as you disconnect the cables, remove the screws holding the LCD to the metal frame, and slip the old LCD out.
6. Place the new LCD into the metal frame, then connect the video cable and inverter
7. Before replacing the surrounding frame and screws, make sure to put the screen to test. Install the battery and power up the laptop. If the screen does not work, recheck the inverter and the inverter.
Following these simple steps can put your laptop into action and your laptop’s LCD screen is replaced without having to pay to anything.