Have you ever wondered what is most commonly discussed topic on the Net forums about deals like Satellite TV on PC?
It is precisely whether Internet TV on PC is a real deal or not ?
It transpires that there are some people on the web forum that claim how such softwares may not be legalize. Let’s analyse this deeper . For example, there are many Louis Vuitton bags in the market, however, many of such bags are fake or imitations . Therefore, very much depends on which version of the bag one has bought. On the same note , there are many softwares in the market that claim to stream satellite TV channels onto the PC. Some are free and some require a small fee to be paid . You are advised to be very heedful here. Sure there are many scams out there … the internet is full of scams in many aspects. However, they are also some valid and legitimate companies that have expended substantial sum of capital to invent such a software that legally allows the customers to indulge in thousands of TV channels over many different countries . They warrant that there is no hacking or cracking involved. As an indication of their genuinty , they normally provide a 100% money back guarantee for all purchases of their Internet TV on PC softwares.
Let’s proceed to look into the definition of “scam”. “Scam” is defined as follows:
A confidence prank, confidence game, or con for short (also known as a scam) is an attempt to purposely misguide a person or persons (known as the mark) usually with the goal of financial or other gain. The confidence trickster, con man, scam artist or con artist often works with an accomplice named the shill, who tries to encourage the mark by pretending to believe the trickster. …
A ploy by a shyster to raise money.
a fraudulent business scheme
Let us go on to study the definition of “Fraud”:
fraud (frôd) n.
There are 4 definitions of fraud that apply to the situations we describe:
- A deception practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain.
- any act, expression, omission, or concealment that deceives another to his or her disadvantage; specifically, it is:
- a misrepresentation, omission or concealment of some fact material to a transaction; and
- it is made with cognition (or the reasonable expectation that the perpetrator should know) that it is fake or is made in reckless disregard of its accuracy or falsity and
- with the intent to deceive another and
- that is reasonably relied on by the other who is injured
Given the above , it would be difficult to conclude that many of the softwares out there are “scams” for the reasons as follows :-
- many of the softwares are legal (no hacking or cracking involved);
- many of the softwares always fulfill their end of the bargain i.e. clients are able to watch thousands of TV channels all over the world with top quality pictures;
- there are no intention on the part of the seller to defraud or misrepresent with the goal of a financial gain justified by the fact that if the customer is not satisfied for whatever reasons with the software, the customer may within a fairly long period (usually 30 to 60 days) ask for a 100% money back guarantee, which money back guarantee in most cases will be given , thereby negating any form of intention to defraud nor any monetary gains on the part of the seller. The unsatisfied customer walks away with no financial loss whatsoever.
Backed with such guarantees and safeguards , it would be very difficult to come to the conclusion that such softwares are scams as afterall one gets his or her money back in the event of non-satisfaction with the product.
Raymond Michael is an internet savvy TV fanatic as well as consumer watchdog who values add his reviews and findings on the diverse Satellite TV on PC software in the market currently. Please feel free to browse his comments at www.tvworldchannel.com