So what is so great about digital book readers? Digital readersare now moving from simply being a gadget that gadget freaks want and into the mainstream. So what will make you get a digital book reader? What benefits does an ebook reader get you?
The printed word has been the medium for reading for hundreds of years, enormous libraries exist with books bringing a value and feel (literally) uniquely it’s own So for digital book readers to be able to overcome this history and familiarity they are going to have to present some fantastic benefits.
The Benefits of Digital Book Readers
So what benefits can digital book readers offer to users that they don’t get with a traditional book?
- The first is ease of transport. While a digital book reader takes up roughly a similar size as a physical it can in fact hold thousands of books inside. So when you are travelling there is no need to carry half a suitcase of books, just the one book sized piece of equipment.
- Instant downloads. Books are hard copy, they need to be picked up from shops or posted which means you need to wait or go get it. Ebooks (Electronic Books)of digital book readers are instantly available for download, meaning you can begin to enjoy as soon as you have bought it.
- Storage.Space. If you are an avid book reader it can be a challenge to find space for all your books. Many people end up having to give their books away. Wouldn’t it be better to instead be able to store some of your books on a small little device such as a memory card? That is what an eBook can do for you.No more need for vast storage areas,or giving books away to freinds you may want to keep,just an easy to access and store system that takes up next to no space.
- Cost. While a digital book reader can appear expensive the massively lower cost of ebooks vs physical books mean that if you are buying books on a frequent, or semi frequent, basis then you will find it so much cheaper.
- Wear and tear. Books suffer from wear and tear.Folding pages,yellowing, water damage, rips and more are something that any book owner knows about. With an eBook though they will never suffer these issues as they are stored in digital form While it is possible for the digital book reader to suffer damage(though they are generally very well made things) your ebook collection will remain unharmed, and can be transferred to a new book reader if needs be.
- File support. You can~You can also} read other documents on such readers, such as work reports or newspapers. It can greatly increase the functionality of the digital book reader over that of a physical book.
These are just a few of the benefits that most people enjoy using a digital book reader. Other reasons exist and their importance will vary from person to person. Interesting to note that at at the moment digital reader manufacturers and eBook publishers are not pitching eBooks as something to replace physical books, just an additional interest that will benefit those that like to read.